36' J Boats J/36
- Year: 1981
- Price: $34,500
- Hull: Fiberglass
"Elusive" is a well equipped cruiser that is equally at home on the race course. Her current owners purchased her in 1988 and have used her to cruise the coast of Maine and occasionally race her in local regattas.
Hull and decks are balsa core/fiberglass construction with molded in light tan contrasting nonskid. Hull was rebuilt in 2000 with full repair of delamination. Bottom paint is blue VC Offshore with Teflon. White topsides with red boot strip.
- Stainless steel double bow pulpit
- S/S stern pushpit with built-in swim ladder
- S/S stanchions with side entry gates
- Teak toerails from the foredeck aft to amidships and near the cockpit on each side
- Teak grab rails are mounted on the coach roof
- Huge hatch on foredeck over forepeak
- Small hatch over head with solar vent
- Medium hatch over main salon
- Opening ports to the cockpit in the quarterberths
- Six other portlights
- Edson wheel steering
- Anchor locker located amidships to starboard
Two pipe berths fwd p&s with stainless ladder leading to hatch between berths. Head is aft to port with handheld shower- opposite to starboard is hanging locker - aft of bulkhead is main salon port and starboard settees. Center Line table allows access to engine. Just aft of settee's is galley to port with icebox, 2 burner Force 10 propane stove with oven, and navigation station to starboard. Between these two is ladder to cockpit area. Aft of both the galley and the nav station respectively are two large quarter berths.
- Garmin 128 GPS (Nav Station)
- Garmin GPS Map 182 (Nav Station)
- Furuno 1715 Radar
- Raymarine Wind, Speed, Depth
- Icom VHF
- Boss CD/FM/AM Radio
- 4 Speakers (Main Salon)
All sails are stored at a local loft in the off season and have been inspected. They are reported to be in good condition. Inspection reports are available for review.
- Hallet Main w/ Harken Lazy Jacks
- Hallet 125 Genoa
- Hallet 120 Genoa
- Maine Sailing Partners Cruisng Spinnaker
- Triple spreader, keel-stepped, white painted aluminum Hall mast(New 2000)
- Boom Vang
- Double reef lines
- Solid stainless steel rod rigging
- Main traveler is located in the cockpit just forward of the steering wheel
- Furlex roller furler
- Spinnaker pole and related gear w/ deck mount
- (2) Lewmar #46 self tailing primaries
- (2) Barient #27 winches mounted at either end of the main traveler
- (2) Barient #25 mounted on the coachroof on either side of the companionway
- (2) Barient #21 mounted amidships on the coachroof
Just forward of the amidships winches are triple Spinlock XL rope clutches and just forward of the companionway winches are Spinlock XL double rope clutches.
Yanmar 3GMF three-cylinder diesel, located amidships under the table in the main salon to optimize weight distribution. Hours Unknown.
- Danforth anchor, chain and rode
- USCG Safety package (Flares/Flare Gun Kit)
- 3 Fire extinguishers
- Fenders and docklines
- Barient Winch handles
- Stern mounted flag holder w/ varnished flag pole and flag
- Flag halyard
- Swim ladder
- 4 Oil Lamps in Main Salon
- Seth Thomas Clock
- Trident Barometer
- Life Jackets
- Dock Lines
- 3 Fire Extinguishers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please call us with questions or comments.
Back to top
East Coast Yacht Sales
194 Water Street, Stonington
Stonington, CT 06378
Fax: Send us a message
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents, or his Surveyor to verify.