40' J Boats 122
- Year: 2007
- Price: $279,000
- Hull: Fiberglass
- Fuel: Diesel
This beautifully cared for 3 stateroom version of the J/122 was constructed with many of J/Boats OEM optional features and, since,has had a huge number of upgrades including re-powering in 2015, new rigging, high capacity Lithium Ion batteries and charging system, new sails, upgraded and relocated refrigeration and much more. Please read the full specs for details. Where replacements were done it was not out of necessity but rather thanks to a literal "open check-book" level of maintenance!
RESOLUTE features the advantageous 3 stateroom layout, finished with satin finish varnished teak trim on white panels with a synthetic teak and holly sole. There is an abundance of natural light and ventilation with two large and two small opening hatches and eleven opening ports with extensive 12 Volt LED overhead lighting throughout.
Starting forward, there is a private Forward Stateroom with top load or bin type storage below while above the berth the hull is lined with white gloss paneling (as in other staterooms and outboard of the settees) as well as full length shelf to port. Aft and to port is a hanging locker, bureau, and seat.
The Head is aft and to starboard with manual Jabsco W.C. plumbed via a Y-valve either overboard or to the waste tank. Molded-in fiberglass vanity with Corian counter and sink with pressure H&C water in a telephone type faucet providing en-suite shower functionality with water draining to a separate sump with pump. Storage is in a locker outboard and below the vanity.
The Salon is next aft with straight settees P&S with storage behind the seat backs and in shelves and lockers above and outboard. Dining is off of a fixed drop leaf table with storage built in on c/l. The forward facing Nav. Station is aft of the port settee immediately adjacent to the companionway and features a flip top style chart table with storage under and in a locker further below. All communications equipment full suite of navigational equipment and the yacht's electrical distribution panels are here as well.
Opposite is the L-shaped Galley featuring a deep double basin stainless steel sink with pressure H&C water as well as manual fresh water. Galley upgrades include Corian counter tops (2015), Eno 2 burner gimballed propane stove with oven (2017) and updated/relocated 12 Volt refrigeration compressor and plates (2017). Storage for dry food stuffs and utensils in a number of lockers and drawers.
Furthest aft are mirror image Staterooms with Queen-sized berths with storage in shelves outboard and in a bureau and locker forward.
- New Corian galley counter (2016) and refrigeration upgrades (2017)
- Espar diesel cabin heat added (2017)
- Aqua Signal AM/FM Stereo with CD player with speakers in Salon and removable speakers in the cockpit
- Brass barometer
Sails & Rigging
Hall Spars carbon fiber double spreader keel stepped mast finished in white Awlgrip with discontinuous rod rigging (much of it replaced in 2017) along with many other rig/rigging upgrades/replacements from 2015 and earlier.
- Below decks jib furler
- Retractable carbon sprit
- Harken 48.2 STA primaries
- Harken 46.2 STA mainsheet winches
- Harken 44.2 STA halyard winches on house top
- Harken adjustable genoa cars
- Remote panel hydraulic backstay adjusted
- Karver asymmetrical furler with two anti-twist lines/fittings for spinnakers
- Selden staysail furler (new 2017)
- Two ATN spinnaker socks
- New boom, mast sheaves, forestay: 2015
- All new shrouds: 2017
- Bobstay rigging for sprit
- Double tier Harken deck organizers/ceramic rope clutches
Resolute has an extensive inventory of sails for racing and cruising, together with the appropriate safety sails required for offshore racing.
- North 3Di Main (primary racing sail) 2 reef points (2017: Good condition)
- North 3DL Main (inshore racing); 1 reef point (2008: Very Good)
- Doyle fully battened Dacron Main (primary delivery sail; 3 reef points (2016: Good)
- North 3DL Main (back up racing sail); 2 reef points (2011: Fair)
- Doyle Stratis Carbon Technora Lt./Med.108% Jib with hanks (2017: Excellent used once)
- Doyle Stratis Carbon Technora 95% high cut ( jib top) Jib with hanks (2017: Excellent used once)
- UK Aramid Lt./Med.108% RF Jib with vertical battens (2007: Good)
- North 3DL 108% Lt/Med. Jib with hanks (2008: Fair)
- North 3DL 108% Heavy Jib with hanks (2008: Fair)
- Doyle Dacron Cruising Jib; can be reefed (2016: Good)
Spinnakers/Code Zero (5):
- North 0.5 oz code 2A (2008: Very Good)
- North 0.5 oz Code 1A (2008: Very Good)
- North Code 0.5 oz Code 1A (2008: Very Good)
- Halsey Jumbo 2A (2007: Fair)
- North 3.2 oz Norlam Code Zero (2007, Good)
- North Dacron Storm Trysail; orange head (2010: Very Good)
- Ullman Dacron Storm Jib (2007: Good)
- Ullman Drifter/Staysail (2007: Very Good)
Fully equipped for offshore racing or cruising with instruments displays at the mast, cockpit and at the Nav. Station. Core instruments are B&G H5000 new in 2015 and may be onboard WiFi or Ethernet.
- B&G H5000 CPU with "Performance" software package
- Power/USB connections for a tablet or PC for navigation, chartplotter control, etc.
- B&G H5000 Graphics color display (built-in and customizable data display pages)
- Icom M504 VHF with DSC (networked with GPS location)
- B&G AIS transceiver with connection to masthead antenna
- Icom M802 Single Side Band with AT-140 auto tuner, back stay antenna and keel grounding
- EchoMax Radar Target Enhancer control with alarm
- B&G GoFree WiFi hub (for wireless control of the system)
- B&G 12" Zeus 2 radar/color chart plotter multifunction display
- (3) B&G H 5000 Graphic color displays in pod at companionway
- B&G H5000 Autopilot with Blue-tooth remote control
- (3) B&G 20/20 programmable displays
- B&G Halcyon gyro stabalized compass (heading, heel, and trim)
- Dual B&G speed/log transducers (also provide depth, water temp)
- B&G Broadband 4G radar scanner
- B&G ZG100 GPS antenna w/integrated compass
- External fixed antenna for Iridium satellite phone
Wired for both 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC service. When off the dock a 2000 watt inverter provides light AC service. Extensive upgrades to the system (new batteries, alternator, charger/inverter, monitoring) were made in 2017.
12 Volt DC
- 2 Lithium Ion house/inverter batteries (300 ah total) 2017
- 75ah Lithium Ion engine start battery 2017
- High capacity Balmar 200 amp alternator with 3 stage external voltage regulator 2017
- Watt & Sea 600W hydrogenerator and charge controller 2015
- Victron battery management monitor
- Distribution panel with breakers
110 Volt AC:
- 2000 Watt Inverter/50 amp Charger 2017
- 30 amp shore power inlet aft
- 6 Gal. Water heater (also engine supplied)
- Distribution panel with breakers
- 2 Outlets
Volvo D2 40 HP fresh water cooled diesel connected to a Volvo Saildrive. The engine was installed new in 2015 and the Saildrive was given full servicing at that time. The hours noted in the engine specs are as of 3/12/18 and the yacht is in use at this time.
- Racor fuel filter
- Volvo controls and instrument panel in cockpit
- Fuel Gauge at Nav. Station
- Electric bilge pump
- Manual waste overboard pump and deck pump out
- Espar diesel cabin heat 13,600 BTUs 2017
- Katadyn PowerSurvivor 40E 1.5 GPH watermaker 2015
- Dometic ColdMachine refrigeration 2017
- Forespar Marelon through-hulls throughout (replacing OEM delrin fittings)
- Vetus raw water strainer 2015
- Manual bilge pump
Hull and Deck
Fiberglass hull with infusion molded sandwich construction with balsa core and vinylester resin. White gel coat with double blue boot stripe with the bottom finished in white semi-ablative E-paint finished to a racing bottom. Keel and rudder are international orange in the same finish. The decks and house are likewise white gel coat with Mist Grey Awlgrip with Griptex in all appropriate non-skid area.
Expansive cockpit with storage below cockpit seats, double stainless steel lifelines, stanchions and bow and stern rails. Anchor locker forward.
- Equipment includes all necessary for Category 1 OSR Racing including a Winslow 10 man liferaft, MOM 8A, Jack Lines and Tethers, 5 Type V PFDs 2 Lifeslings, Flare Kit
- Delta primary anchor with 2 20' lengths of chain and 300' braided rode
- Fortress secondary anchor with 200' Nylon RodeLarge transom storage box that is removable (not in photos) that provides an abundance of extra storage when cruising.
- ALL deck hardware removed and re-bedded in 2015 as part of the owners proactive maintenance program
- New rudder bearings 2015
- Keel rabbit joint stripped out and re-sealed/re-faired
- 4 braided docklines and 3 fenders
On her second owner after a short stint on the West Coast, this superbly maintained J/122 has been routinely been seasonally raced in a number of 1-2 races including Bermuda and Marblehead Halifax as well as being sailed transatlantic for the 2015 Fastnet as well as some light cruising on the coast of Maine. Each year she has been stored, maintained and upgraded at one of New England's leading yards. Her offshore racing might lead the reader to believe that they would find reasonable evidence of her age but that is simply not the case given the very thoughtful and proactive level of maintenance she has received.
In all prior years, under current ownership, she has been stored inside for about 7-8 months of the season. This year however, as they shift to a cruising lifestyle, she has been taken to the Caribbean and is currently berthed in Antigua when not in use. However in late April she will point her bow north arriving in Maine in early May +/-.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please call us with questions or comments.
Back to top
East Coast Yacht Sales
194 Water Street, Stonington
Stonington, CT 06378
Fax: Send us a message
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents, or his Surveyor to verify.